The Ohio Medicaid School Program Specialized Transportation
Through the “MSP Five Year Rule Review” changes, Specialized Transportation is now billable in the Ohio Medicaid School Program. Please contact HBS if you would like to start documenting for this new service.
- Specialized Transportation must be listed on the student’s IEP.
- The vehicle must have a special adaptation specific to the student’s disability that is not available on a standard regular bus.
- Specialized Transportation can only be reimbursed on days that the eligible student has a medical service that was billed on that same day.
- A transportation log (download here) must be completed for each day the vehicle is used documenting all Student Names and total One Way Trips.
- At the end of the school year, the total costs of operating the MSP Specialized Transportation vehicles must be accumulated for Cost Reporting purposes.
- Currently the AUP audit does not look specifically at Transportation, but I would anticipate some sort of random sampling in the future.