The Ohio Medicaid School Program Specialized Transportation
Through the “MSP Five Year Rule Review” changes, Specialized Transportation became billable in the Ohio Medicaid School Program starting with the 2015/2016 school year. Please contact HBS if you would like to start documenting for this new service.
- Specialized Transportation must be listed on the student’s IEP.
- The vehicle must have a special adaptation specific to the student’s disability that is not available on a standard regular bus.
- Specialized Transportation can only be reimbursed on days that the eligible student has a medical service billed on that same day.
- A transportation log (download here) must be completed for each day the vehicle is used documenting all Student Names and total One Way Trips.
- At the end of the school year, the total costs of operating the MSP Specialized Transportation vehicles must be accumulated for Cost Reporting purposes.